Opportunities with our Network Agencies
Volunteers of America of Florida, Inc.
1492 West Flagler St., Miami, FL 33135
ALL applicants must fill out an application at www.voaflhiring.com
The Independent Living Coach assists the participants to meet program and operational objectives, determining candidate services or housing eligibility needs based on Treatment/Life Plan implementation.
Credentials, Skills, Abilities, and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in human services and 1 year's experience with special needs population.
- Fulfill credentialing requirements per agency policy.
- Organizational skills and ability to develop Treatment/Life Plans that are easily followed, measurable and attainable.
- Possess initiative and the ability to work effectively without close daily supervision.
- Ability to observe and define participant's needs before they become problems.
- Compassion and ability to assist participants to succeed in the program.
- Administrative self-sufficiency including computer proficiency.
- Possess valid driver's license and safe driving record. Must meet insurability standards in order to drive.
- Assist participant develop and implement their Treatment/Life Plan with measurable goals that promote progress towards independent living and self-sufficiency.
- Regularly review and analyze participant Treatment/Life Plan to determine progress or setbacks; respond and adjust plan accordingly. Provide supportive counseling for the prevention of relapse and psychiatric hospitalization.
- Provide hands-on assistance, coaching/training and transportation to establish community linkages that support successful outcomes.
- Oversee participant discharge process including but not limited to alternative housing.
Normal Working Hours and Conditions:
- 40 hour workweek.
- Weekends or evenings as required.
- Some travel may be required.
Rate of Pay:
The Salary for this position is $31,600.00 annually.
Generous benefits package including vacation, sick and holiday pay, Section 125 plan, 403b plan, health, dental, vision, life, disability and supplemental insurance products available.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills.
It is the policy of Volunteers of America of Florida, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, to recruit, hire and promote to all job classifications without regard to race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
We are a drug-free workplace.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Opportunities with SFBHN
Please check back later.